Important technical terms
Air cushion foil
That means a special packaging foil of plastic consisting of a multitude of air-filled chambers, to not only protect the wrapped (packaged) product against contamination, but also against impact load.
Surcharge to the sales price for compensation of price fluctuations of the preliminary material between order entry and delivery, based on changes of the nickel, chromium and molybdenum price.
That is the designation for the thermal treatments, with which the material properties can be changed. First of all the steel is heated to certain temperatures, followed by a certain holding time and subsequent cooling. The temperatures for the various annealing types depend on the chemical composition and the desired properties.
There is a differentiation between:
- Stress relief annealing. Internal stresses, which occur during cooling of a work-piece, are reduced with this annealing method.
- Re-crystallization annealing. Here the steel is heated beyond its re-crystallization temperature to enable a deformation of the crystal lattice. This thermal treatment is predominantly applied after strong deformations (drawing, pilger milling, etc.).
- Soft annealing produces a soft condition - favorable for further treatment. Thus even cementite particles are globularly spheroidized.
- Normalizing annealing sets a uniform and fine-grained microstructure with shares of pearlite.
- Coarse grain annealing serves the achievement of a coarse grain. Thus the ability for rapid machining is improved.
- Diffusion annealing allows the elimination of local concentration differences (segregation).
An approval of a certain organization (TÜV, Loyd's, etc.) is granted due to a successful audit and certifies the manufacturer/manufactured product that production was according to the provisions and/or guidelines of the approval authorities.
The American Society Of Mechanical Engineers rules for construction of nuclear facility components (=ASME) is a set of rules about the system requirements with regard to nuclear demand.
Abbreviation for American Society for Testing and Materials. Among others, deals with issuing of material and testing standards.
Means a documenting measure, which is executed to ensure by means of examination of the actual circumstances, that the selected components of the approved quality management system were developed and documented (implemented) in compliance with the determined (specified) requirements. An audit does not include monitoring and inspection for the purpose of process control and/or material acceptance.
Crystal of iron (non-magnetic), which is characterized by a cubic face centered lattice structure.